TRUMP: 'I do like a low interest rate policy, I must be honest with you'

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal published on Wednesday, Trump said, contrary to some of his statements during the campaign, that he does in fact like low interest rates.
“I do like a low-interest rate policy, I must be honest with you,” Trump told the Journal.
Also running counter to some of his campaign-era rhetoric, Trump did not say that he would necessarily look to replace Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen when her term expires next year.
Trump said that Yellen was “not toast,” and said, “I like [Yellen], I respect her… it’s very early.”
Yellen’s term as Fed Chair is set to expire on February 3, 2018, though she is set to remain as a member of the Fed’s board of governors, and a voter on the Fed’s policy-setting committee, through 2024.

Personal thought:
Low interest rate environment is good for building leverage bond portfolio.

Comments

Popular Posts